The Clerk’s Office handles two parts of mortgage foreclosure cases. The first part of the case involves a mortgage company or lender filing to foreclose on a home or property due to an unpaid mortgage. For information on the first part of foreclosure cases, please visit our Circuit Civil division. The second part involves the sale of these properties at a public auction. The following information pertains to the auction and sale of foreclosures in Glades County.

View Upcoming Foreclosure Sales Information

Clerk of Court Disclaimers:

  1. GENERAL INFORMATION NOTICE: Information or forms provided by the Clerk of Circuit Court should be considered as basic information only and may not be applicable to every situation. The information provided is not intended to be used as legal advice. Specific guidance concerning foreclosures should be directed to a qualified attorney.
  2. ERRORS, OMISSIONS & INACCURACIES: The Clerk’s Office assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the orders.
  3. BUYER BEWARE: You are responsible for and must do your own research.
  4. ENCUMBRANCES: The Clerk’s Office assumes no responsibility for any encumbrances (judgments, mortgages, taxes, and other liens) on any property offered for sale.
  5. LEGAL ADVICE: The Clerk’s Office is not authorized to give legal advice. If you require legal advice, you should obtain it from a qualified attorney or some other source.

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I obtain a list of foreclosure sales in Glades County?
Click Here for List of Upcoming Foreclosure Sales – Coming Soon and a Notice of Sale is published for each case in the South Central Florida Life/Glades County News ( newspaper once a week for two consecutive weeks prior to the sale.

When and where are foreclosure sales held?
All Glades County foreclosure sales occur on the first floor in the Courthouse lobby at (863) 946-6010 and begin at 11:00 A.M. on the date listed in the link above.

How do I obtain a copy of the foreclosure judgment?
Copies of the judgments and other documents may be obtained at $1.00 per page in the Court Department of the Clerk’s Office.

How do I find the location of the foreclosed property?
The final order will contain a legal description of the property being foreclosed. With this description, you can find street address information at the Property Appraiser’s office located at 500 Avenue J, Suite 202, Moore Haven, Florida 33471, or by visiting the Property Appraiser’s website at

How do I find property tax information on the foreclosed property?
The property tax information can be found at the Tax Collector’s office located at 500 Avenue J, Suite 101, Moore Haven, Florida 33471 or by visiting the Tax Collector’s website at

How do I research if there is a judgment, mortgage, or lien on the foreclosed property?
You can search the Official Records of the County by visiting Official Records on our website.

How do I research if the foreclosure property has a “clean title”?
It is the responsibility of the interested bidder to do all research for the property involved, including whether any of the defendants has filed for bankruptcy protection. It is in your best interest to have a title search done by an Attorney or a Title Company; however, you may also search the Official Records located in the Clerk’s Office.

How do I find a Title Company or Attorney?
The Clerk’s Office cannot recommend a title company or attorney to you. You can find a qualified attorney or title company by contacting the Florida Bar who is able to provide legal referrals. You can contact the Florida Bar at 850-561-5600 or at . Click on the “Find a Lawyer” button then click on the “Lawyer Referral Service Site” link. You can also research the Florida Realtors Association by visiting their website at

How do I bid on a foreclosure property?
To bid on a foreclosed property you must register with the clerk in Room 102 (1st Floor of the Glades County Courthouse) by 10:30 a.m. the day of the sale. You must appear in person at the sale in the courthouse lobby. Each bidder shall state his name, and each bidder acting in representative capacity shall sate whom he/she represents at the time of bidding.

What is the procedure if I am the successful bidder on a foreclosure property?
The successful bidder is required to immediately deposit 5% of their final bid, unless the judgment states otherwise (Florida Statutes 45.031). This deposit must be paid immediately following the sale and is a non-refundable deposit. If the successful bidder does not post the deposit as set forth above at the time of the sale, the bidder will be disqualified for that day, the bid will be considered invalid, the next highest bid will be accepted, and an announcement will be made to that effect. The balance of the bid must be paid by 4:00 p.m. EST on the following day of the sale. In addition, fees for documentary stamp tax (.70 per $100.00), Clerk’s fee for holding the sale ($70.00) and the Registry of the Court fee (3% for the first $500, and l.5% for each subsequent $l00, of the total amount deposited) must be paid by 4:00 p.m. EST on the following day of the sale. 

All money paid must be by cash, cashier’s check or money order drawn on a United States bank only. Checks and money orders must be made payable to the Glades County Clerk of Court. Failure to pay the balance due including authorized costs by 4:00 p.m. EST on the following day of the sale will result in the re-advertisement of the sale, the cost of which will be paid from the non-refundable deposit. Any remaining funds from the non-refundable deposit will be applied towards the judgment.

How do I file an objection to a foreclosure sale?
An objection to the sale may be filed by a party within 10 days. If objections are filed, the Judge will rule at a hearing as to whether or not a Certificate of Title is to be issued. The right of redemption ends upon the issuance of the Certificate of Title.

How and when do I take possession of the foreclosed property?
A Certificate of Sale is issued by the Clerk once all proceeds are paid in full and on time. A Certificate of Title is issued by the Clerk on the tenth day after the sale. The defendant has ten days to object to the sale. If the tenth day is a non-business day, the next business day will be treated as the tenth day. If objections are filed, the Judge will rule as to the issuance of the certificate of title. If the defendant files bankruptcy, the Clerk is stayed from issuing a Title or taking any action pending further Order of the Court.

If you have additional questions concerning the procedures for foreclosure sales held by the Clerk of Court, please contact our office at (863) 946-6010.